Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Poetry Podcast: The Jelly Sandwich


"It was the purple blob
of our discontent," I said
with the jelly jar up in the air
lost in my dramatic aside

when my brother interrupted yelling, "Stop!
I'm kinda hungry here, so feed me instead
of acting like a fool and being weird.
You know how to make a jelly sandwich, right?"

"I sure do!" said I, getting out the white porous
sponges that once resembled real bread
in a former life before the baby boom
and taking a knife, began to smear

With both sides a nice color of luminous
loyalty, I handed it off, "there it's dead."
I said. He didn't listen, but zoomed
away like a drunk with his beer.

2 comments:

Will said...

Well done, Jessica!
I really enjoyed your poem. Recited nicely as well.

I also host a poetry podcast. It's called "Cloudy Day Art"

Would you mind sending me an MP3 or two of your poetry to play on an upcoming show?

email: CloudyDayArt{at}gmail.com

Will Brown

W. Hertsel said...

I really enjoyed it, and will have to put it on my PSP. You are extremely talented and I am very proud to be your father.