Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A 4th Grade Discovery...

When I was in the fourth grade I had a "themed" slumber party. My friends and I each had a character we were supposed to be, and we wrote letters to each other as that character. My character was Sunshine, the hippy.

To: Beth

From: Sunshine (the dot on the "i" was a peace sign)

Dear Beth,

I've been on some really groovy trips this year. We ty-dyed some really groovy shirts to protest the war, man. We all jumped in our VW van and drove across the country to spread peace and joy to the world by selling flowers. At night, we all go to the woods man, and make a big bonfire man! To sing songs and play guitars and tambourines and talk about how to make the world a better place man. After, we burn our draft cards and bras. If only we could Love (with a heart for the "o") everyone the world would be a better place, man!

peace, love, and happiness,

Sunshine.

No comments: